Associate Professor Earl Bardsley
Associate Professor (Hydrology)
Qualifications: BSc(Hons) Otago MSc Otago PhD Otago
Personal Website: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-6405-6295
Journal publications are listed in the orcid link above.
- Developing hydrological models with optimal simplicity
- Agent-based groundwater models
- Hydro power hydrology and data-based hydroclimatic forecasting
- Finite mixture models of solute transport in the environment
- Meridian Energy Senior Research Fellow, 2000-2005
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 2011
- New Zealand Hydrological Society Award For Outstanding Achievement, 2011
PhD (chief supervisor)
- Dao Ngoc Hieu (in progress). Nonparametric estimation of multivariate exceedances in hydrology.
- Majeed, Adnan (in progress). Forecasting evaporation reduction from new windbreaks.
- Taylor, Malcolm (in progress). An investigation into a potential early warning system for low flows in the Clutha River.
- Majeed, Mohammed (2019). Evaluating the potential for a multi-use seasonal pumped storage scheme in New Zealand's South Island.
- Shokri, Ali (2016). Developing groundwater and surface water interaction methods for complex hydrological systems.
- Vetrova, Varvara (2016). Selected data exploration methods in hydroclimatology.
- Purdie, Jennifer (2007). Seasonal inflow forecasting of New Zealand's South Island hydro lakes.
- Brown, Edmund (2002). Evaluating the potential of constructed groundwater systems to improve the water supply operations of Auckland City, New Zealand.
MSc (chief supervisor)
- Waters, Amy (2019). Lake level forecasting for hydro power operation in the Clutha catchment.
- Hampton, George (2016). Evaluation of a proposed aquifer recharge system, Poverty Bay Flats.
- Qiao, Ying (2012). Detecting signals of climatic shifts and land use change from precipitation and river discharge variations: the Whanganui and Waikato catchments.
- Hopkirk, Carrie (2011). Forecasting Lake Waikaremoana water availability for hydro power.
- Vavae, Hillia (2008). A simple forecasting scheme for predicting low rainfalls in Funafuti, Tuvalu.
- Jelley, Neil (2007). Forecasting seasonal drawdowns in Whangamata town supply wells.
- Bear, Sarah (2005). Hydrological evaluation of pumped storage in the Onslow-Manorburn basin.
- Kerr, Justin (2004). Assessing the hydrological implications of the Wilsonville quarry expansion at Hikurangi, Northland.
- Bigham, Aiden (2003). A feasibility study on deep well injection as a means of disposing Kawerau effluent.
- Campbell, Amy (2002). Efficiency evaluation for the Waitaki hydropower scheme.
- Nalder, Guinevere (2006). Submerged thin plate weirs with unequal upstream and downstream beds.
- Johnstone, Sarah (2009). Forecasting seasonal inflows into Lake Taupo, North Island, New Zealand.
Environment Issues; Environmental Risks; Environmental Science and Technology; Resource Management
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 858 5011