Dr Vicki Moon
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc PhD Waikato
Geomechanics and engineering geology, particularly soft rocks; volcanic and pyroclastic materials; weathering; mass wasting of weathered and altered rocks; soil erosion from development sites.
- Harris, Rachel (2015). The effects of benthic organisms on intertidal sediment erodibility. (chief supervisor Conrad Pilditch).
- Roddy, Brendan (2010). The use of the sediment fingerprinting technique to quantify the different sediment sources entering the Whangapoua Estuary, North Island, in New Zealand.
- Mills, Philippa (in progress). Initiation of landslides in sensitive soils in the Tauranga region.
- Garae, Camilla (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Kleyburg, Melissa (2015). Paleoliquefaction in late Pleistocene alluvial sediments in the Hauraki and Hamilton basins.
- Daysh, Katrina (2013). An investigation into the application of international environmental Greenroads Certification standards to road construction in New Zealand.
- Cunningham, Michael (2012). Sensitive rhyolitic pyroclastic deposits in the Tauranga region: mineralogy, geomechanics and microstructure of peak and remoulded states.
- Schicker, Renee (2010). Quantitative landslide susceptibility assessment of the Waikato region using GIS.
- Wyatt, Justin (2009). Sensitivity and clay mineralogy of weathered tephra-derived soil material in the Tauranga region.
Huirama, M., Balks, M., Hughes, A., & Moon, V. (2018). Using sediment fingerprinting to determine the contribution of bank erosion to stream sediment yields. In 50th New Zealand Freshwater Sciences Society Annual Conference. Conference held The Rutherford, Nelson, New Zealand.
Loame, R. C., Lowe, D. J., Johnston, R. E., Evans, E., Pittari, A., Moon, V. G., . . . Ross, N. (2018). CT and micro-CT scanning of liquefied tephra deposits in ~22,000-year-old lake sediments, central Waikato region, New Zealand, and implications. In Crossing New Frontiers: INTAV International Field Conference on Tephrochronology, ‘Tephra Hunt in Transylvania’. Conference held in Moieciu de Sus, Romania.
Lowe, D. J., Loame, R. C., Moon, V. G., Johnston, R. E., Kluger, M. O., Villamor, P., . . . Rees, A. B. H. (2018). Earth-shaking insight from liquefied tephra layers in lakes in central Waikato region, New Zealand: a new tool to evaluate and date palaeoseismicity?. In Crossing New Frontiers: INTAV International Field Conference on Tephrochronology, ‘Tephra Hunt in Transylvania’. Conference held in Moieciu de Sus, Romania.
Kluger, M. O., Moon, V. G., Kreiter, S., Lowe, D. J., Churchman, G. J., Hepp, D. A., . . . Mörz, T. (2017). A new attraction-detachment model for explaining flow sliding in clay-rich tephras. Geology, 45(2), 131-134. doi:10.1130/G38560.1 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10897
View All research publications by Vicki Moon
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9388