Associate Professor Nicholas Ling
Associate Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc MSc PhD Auckland
Comparative animal physiology, particularly the physiology and biomechanical behaviour of muscleand connective tissues. Environmental physiology, including the effects of environmental changes and pollutants on physiological systems.
- Ulrich, Christine (in progress). Comparative oxygen sensing mechanisms & adaptation to hypoxia in galaxiid fishes.
- Kallingappa, Prasanna (2013). Quinescence induces epigenetic changes n bovine fibroblasts and improves their reprogramming into cloned embryos.
- Tempero, Grant (2011). Abundance and function of multiple haemoglobin isomorphs from Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).
- McFarlane, Craig (2007). The functional role of Myostatin during muscle wasting and regeneration.
- Siriett, Victoria (2007). The role of myostatin during age-related Sarcopenia.
- Bannon, Jim (2006). Effects of water quality on sustained swimming ability in New Zealand native fishes.
- Rogers, David (2006). Metabolic effects of controlled atmosphere treatment in huhu larvae.
- Cairney, Julie (2005). Defining the structural elements of ovine muscle that contribute to fibre tensile strength.
- Pepper, Katie (2015). Reproductive investment and strategies of Gobiomorphus cotidianus.
- Webby, Ashley (2014). Toxicological effects of MV Rena pollutants to New Zealand fish and lobster.
- Harris, Daina (2012). Inhibition of ERK and GSK3 signalling pathways promotes development and expression of pluripotent markers in bovine blastocysts.
- Brijs, Erik (2010). The effect of Pax3 over-expression on myoblast function.
- Shannon, Nicholas (2009). Remediation of pulp and paper mill biosolids using vermiculture.
- Fieten, Daniel (2009). The effect of a myostatin antagonist on the healing of burn wounds in skin.
- Laurenson, Rachel (2009). The effect of myostatin-antagonist4 on a severe muscle burn injury.
- Taylor, Sean (2009). Flow cytometric enumeration of the blood cells of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and New Zealand freshwater crayfish (Paranephrops planifrons).
- Bleakley, Natalie (2008). Biology of common bully (Gobiomorphus cotidianus) populations in the Tarawera and Rangitaiki Rivers: reproductive isolation by inland distance or effluent discharges?
- Brijs, Jereon (2007). The ecophysiology & evolution of adaptives oxygen transport in NZ mudfishes.
- McDonald, Amy (2007). Translocation, habitat characterisation and rearing investigations of black mudfish (Neochanna diversus).
- Theobald, Kylie (2007). Ecology and impact of invasive gobies.
- Wilson, Bridget (2007). The role of a novel zinc-finger transcription factor in myogenesis.
- Davies, Todd (2006). Role of Mighty in satellite cells and skeletal muscle regeneration.
- Dyer, Kelly (2006). The role of Mighty during embryogenesis and myogenesis.
- Osborne, Matt (2006). Movement, growth and diet of koi carp in lower Waikato.
Ling, N., Bailey, B., & Cameron, S. (2018). Ninjas in NZ: Red-eared slider turtles are breeding in New Zealand. In 50th New Zealand Freshwater Sciences Society Annual Conference. Conference held The Rutherford, Nelson, New Zealand.
Browne, C. M., Quaife, J. A., Edwards, T. L., Ling, N., & Tempero, G. W. (2018). Conservation dogs: Detection of invasive fish in freshwater. In Canine Science Forum. Conference held at Eötvös Loránd Unversity, Budapest, Hungary.
Dada, A. C., Hicks, B. J., Ling, N., Hamilton, D. P., & Abell, J. M. (2018). Assessment of effects of proposed treated wastewater discharge to the Te Arikiroa Thermal Channel and Sulphur Bay (Lake Rotorua) (ERI Report No. 91). Hamilton, New Zealand: Environmental Research Institute, The University of Waikato.
Ling, N., Hicks, B., Tana, R., & Brijs, J. (2017). Estuarine specialist the Stokell's smelt. In Australian Society for Fish Biology Conference 2017. Conference held at Albany Entertainment Centre, Albany, Australia.
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 837 9374