Associate Professor Nicholas Ling
Associate Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc MSc PhD Auckland
Comparative animal physiology, particularly the physiology and biomechanical behaviour of muscleand connective tissues. Environmental physiology, including the effects of environmental changes and pollutants on physiological systems.
- Ulrich, Christine (in progress). Comparative oxygen sensing mechanisms & adaptation to hypoxia in galaxiid fishes.
- Kallingappa, Prasanna (2013). Quinescence induces epigenetic changes n bovine fibroblasts and improves their reprogramming into cloned embryos.
- Tempero, Grant (2011). Abundance and function of multiple haemoglobin isomorphs from Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).
- McFarlane, Craig (2007). The functional role of Myostatin during muscle wasting and regeneration.
- Siriett, Victoria (2007). The role of myostatin during age-related Sarcopenia.
- Bannon, Jim (2006). Effects of water quality on sustained swimming ability in New Zealand native fishes.
- Rogers, David (2006). Metabolic effects of controlled atmosphere treatment in huhu larvae.
- Cairney, Julie (2005). Defining the structural elements of ovine muscle that contribute to fibre tensile strength.
- Pepper, Katie (2015). Reproductive investment and strategies of Gobiomorphus cotidianus.
- Webby, Ashley (2014). Toxicological effects of MV Rena pollutants to New Zealand fish and lobster.
- Harris, Daina (2012). Inhibition of ERK and GSK3 signalling pathways promotes development and expression of pluripotent markers in bovine blastocysts.
- Brijs, Erik (2010). The effect of Pax3 over-expression on myoblast function.
- Shannon, Nicholas (2009). Remediation of pulp and paper mill biosolids using vermiculture.
- Fieten, Daniel (2009). The effect of a myostatin antagonist on the healing of burn wounds in skin.
- Laurenson, Rachel (2009). The effect of myostatin-antagonist4 on a severe muscle burn injury.
- Taylor, Sean (2009). Flow cytometric enumeration of the blood cells of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and New Zealand freshwater crayfish (Paranephrops planifrons).
- Bleakley, Natalie (2008). Biology of common bully (Gobiomorphus cotidianus) populations in the Tarawera and Rangitaiki Rivers: reproductive isolation by inland distance or effluent discharges?
- Brijs, Jereon (2007). The ecophysiology & evolution of adaptives oxygen transport in NZ mudfishes.
- McDonald, Amy (2007). Translocation, habitat characterisation and rearing investigations of black mudfish (Neochanna diversus).
- Theobald, Kylie (2007). Ecology and impact of invasive gobies.
- Wilson, Bridget (2007). The role of a novel zinc-finger transcription factor in myogenesis.
- Davies, Todd (2006). Role of Mighty in satellite cells and skeletal muscle regeneration.
- Dyer, Kelly (2006). The role of Mighty during embryogenesis and myogenesis.
- Osborne, Matt (2006). Movement, growth and diet of koi carp in lower Waikato.
Browne, C. M., Quaife, J. A., Edwards, T. L., Ling, N., & Tempero, G. W. (2018). Conservation dogs: Detection of invasive fish in freshwater. In Canine Science Forum. Conference held at Eötvös Loránd Unversity, Budapest, Hungary.
Hicks, B. J., Tempero, G. W., Ling, N., & Morgan, D. K. J. (2017). Responses of the fish community and biomass in Lake Ohinewai to fish removal and a carp exclusion barrier. In Australian Society for Fish Biology Conference 2017. Conference held at Albany Entertainment Centre, Albany, Australia.
Ling, N., Hicks, B., Tana, R., & Brijs, J. (2017). Estuarine specialist the Stokell's smelt. In Australian Society for Fish Biology Conference 2017. Conference held at Albany Entertainment Centre, Albany, Australia.
Hicks, B., Tempero, G., Ling, N., & Morgan, D. (2017). Responses of the fish community and biomass in Lake Ohinewai to fish removal and a carp exclusion barrier. In The 5th Biennial Symposium of the International Society for River Science: Integrating Multiple Aquatic Values. Conference held in Hamilton, New Zealand.
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9374