Associate Professor Kevin Collier
Associate Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc Waikato PhD Canterbury
Large river ecology, Restoration of urban streams, and methods for monitoring stream health.
- De Araujo Barbosa, Vanessa (in progress). Assessing dispersal pathways and connectivity of aquatic insect populations in fragmented landscapes: an integrated study.
- Melchior, Michele (in progress). Reproductive biology and juvenile habitat ecology of freshwater mussels in Waikato streams.
- Moore, Thomas (in progress). Interactions between freshwater mussels and non-indigenous species in New Zealand.
- Pingram, Michael (2014). Food webs in the lower Waikato River and the role of hydrogeomorphic complexity.
- Hanrahan, Nicola (2019). Field and laboratory investigations of Echyridella menziesii (Unionida:Hyriidae) interactions with host fishes.
- Kelly, Johlene (2019). Comparison of kōura (Paranephrops planifrons) populations in Waikato hill-country streams with varying type and age of riparian planting and fencing.
- Binks, Nigel (2018). Assessing New Zealand's spider (Araneae) fauna, using DNA barcoding.
- Cooper, James (2018). Effects of emergent structure on the abundance and size distribution of Trichoptera in Bay of Plenty hill-country streams.
- Fake, Daniel (2018). Remediating small-scale migratory fish barriers with floating fish ramps.
- Catlin, Alicia (2015). Does reduced floodplain inundation affect larval fish food supply? Zooplankton-whitebait interactions in the lower Waikato River.
- Suyatiningsih, Februanty (2019). Environmental factors affecting the Irrawaddy Dolphin (Orcaella brevirosris) distribution in the Mahakam River, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- Garrett-Walker, Jeremy (2014). The ecology of constructed ponds on the lower Waikato River floodplain: implications for waterfowl management
- Valler, Tammy (2013). Three Hamilton urban catchments: a comparison of ecosystem condition.
- Johnston, Toni (2011). Comparison of riparian willows and riprap as habitat for fish and invertebrates in the Waikato River.
- Ginders, Melany (2011). The influence of connectivity on the functional role of a natural and re-constructed side-arm in the lower Waikato River.
- Parata, Riki (2019). Quantifying relationships between kōura (Paranephrops planifrons) abundance and micro-habitat features in Waikato hill-country streams.
Drinan, T. J., Grainger, N. P. J., Harding, J. S., Collier, K. J., Smith, B. J., Death, R. G., . . . Rolfe, J. R. (2020). Analysis of the conservation status of New Zealand freshwater invertebrates: temporal changes, knowledge gaps, impediments, and management implications. New Zealand Journal of Zoology, 1-16. doi:10.1080/03014223.2020.1778044
Pingram, M. A., Collier, K. J., Özkundakci, D., & Garrett-Walker, J. (2020). Food web characteristics of fish communities across degraded lakes provide insights for management in multi-stressor environments. Aquatic Ecology, 54(1), 401-419. doi:10.1007/s10452-020-09750-4
Garrett-Walker, J., Collier, K. J., Daniel, A., Hicks, B. J., & Klee, D. (2020). Design features of constructed floodplain ponds influence waterbird and fish communities in northern New Zealand. Freshwater Biology. doi:10.1111/fwb.13602
Larned, S., Collier, K., & Howard-Williams, C. (2020). Preface: land-use impacts on aquatic ecosystems - tribute to John Quinn. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 54(3), 305-307. doi:10.1080/00288330.2020.1790395
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 858 5169