Dr Willem P de Lange
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
- Coppede Cussioli, Mariana (2018). Ecological effects of turbidity variations in and around dredging areas in the Port of Tauranga
- Emami, Amir (2016). Variations to the Groundwater Seepage Face on Meso-tidal Dissipative Beaches
- Vetrova, Varvara (2016). Selected data exploration methods in hydroclimatology.
- Harrison, Shawn (2015). Morphodynamics of Ebb-Tidal Deltas.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Pritchard, Timothy (2012). Determining potential for pollutant impacts in dynamic coastal waters: comparing morphological settings
- Cameron, Stewart (2011). Manipulation of carbon media, temperature and hydraulic efficiency to increase nitrate removal rate in denitrification beds
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Schimel, Alexandre (2011). Quantitative Comparison of Benthic Habitat Maps Derived From Multibeam Echosounder Backscatter Data
- Tay, Hui Woon (2011). Nutrient dynamics in shallow tidally-dominated estuaries
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Cope, Jane (2018). The modification of toheroa habitat by streams on Ripiro Beach.
- Harpur, Alexander (2016). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of the Coromandel Harbour”.
- MacPherson, David (2016). An Integrated Stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mills, Philippa (2016). Failure mechanisms in sensitive volcanic soils in the Tauranga Region, New Zealand.
- Podrumac, Alyosha (2016). Holocene Evolution of the Upper Western Channel within Tauranga Harbour.
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (2017). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Upiap, Joyce (2016). The fate of contaminated sediments in the Ohinemuri & Lower Waihou rivers, New Zealand.
- Park, Justine (2016). Assessment of the potential interactions of an oil spill with sediments on the west coast of New Zealand
- Watson, Holly (2016). Potential impacts of wharf extensions on the hydrodynamics of Stella Passage and upstream regions of Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Sturgess, Nicole (2015). Mapping the ecological and biophysical character of seabed habitats of the Paraninihi Marine Reserve, Taranaki, New Zealand.
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
Cussioli, M. C., Bryan, K. R., Pilditch, C. A., de Lange, W. P., & Bischof, K. (2019). Light penetration in a temperate meso-tidal lagoon: Implications for seagrass growth and dredging in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand. Ocean and Coastal Management, 174, 25-37. doi:10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2019.01.014
Boxberg, F., Blossier, B., de Lange, W. P., Fox, B., & Hebbeln, D. (2019). Sediment deposition in the central Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand. Geo-Marine Letters. doi:10.1007/s00367-019-00583-1 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/13159
Emami, A., Bryan, K. R., & De Lange, W. P. (2019). Spatial Patterns in Groundwater Seepage and Surf Zone Morphology: Muriwai Beach, New Zealand. Journal of Coastal Research, 35(1), 186-195. doi:10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-17-00180.1
Boxberg, F., Asendorf, S., Bartholomä, A., Schnetger, B., de Lange, W. P., & Hebbeln, D. (2019). Historical anthropogenic heavy metal input to the south-eastern North Sea. Geo-Marine Letters. doi:10.1007/s00367-019-00592-0 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/13179
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9385