Adjunct Professor Carolyn King
Adjunct Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: DPhil Oxon; PhD Waikato
Dr King received a Lifetime Achievement Award for her work in biological sciences at the 2010 Kudos Awards. View the interview here. She also holds the Mammal Society Medal (2005) and the NZES Award (1999); and was a Research Associate in the Department of Philosophy until 2017.
Ecology of small rodents and mustelids, especially stoats and weasels. Philosphy and management of national parks. Traditional and contemporary relationships between science and theology. Senior Editor, New Zealand Journal of Zoology.
- Bridgman, Lucy (2012). Interactions between ship rates and house mice.
- Breedt, Brandon (2018). Distribution and abundance of mammalian pests in the Waikato Region.
- West, Annie (2017). Investigating potential correlations between phenotypic and genetic divergence of NZ mainland, island and hybrid Mus musculus populations.
- Hill, Carly (2017). New Zealand mustelids and the ecomorphometrics of mandibles.
- Davison, Katie (2015). Behaviour of captive North Island Brown Kiwi (Apteryx mantelli).
- Churchill, Geoffrey (2014). Gossypol's effects on ingestion behaviour in mice: The first step in a systematic process to define gossypol's suitability for the use in murine pest management.
- Foster, Stacey (2010). Interspecific competitive interactions between Rattus norvegicus and Rattus rattus.
- Chubb, Tanya (2008). Genetics of New Zealand house mice.
- Connolly, Trevor (2008). The potential for re-invasion by mammalian pests at Maungatautari Ecological Island.
- Newbold [nee Stevens], Haylie (2007). Infra-red vision in ferrets (Mustela furo).
- Watkins, Alison (2007). Distribution of small mammals in five New Zealand forest habitats.
- Sutton, Nicole (2005). Monitoring the distribution of the Mahoenui Giant weta using site occupancy estimation modelling.
King, C. M. (2020). Invasive predators in New Zealand: Disaster on four small paws. Palgrave Macmillan. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-32138-3
Bridgman, L., Innes, J., Gillies, C., Fitzgerald, N., Rohan, M., & King, C. (2018). Interactions between ship rats and house mice at Pureora Forest Park. New Zealand Journal of Zoology, 45(3), 238-256. doi:10.1080/03014223.2018.1464477
Harrington, L. A., Marino, J., & King, C. M. (2018). People and wild musteloids. In Biology and Conservation of Musteloids (pp. 189-215). doi:10.1093/oso/9780198759805.003.0007
West, A. G., & King, C. M. (2018). Variation in mandible shape and body size of house mice Mus musculus in five separate New Zealand forest habitats. New Zealand Journal of Zoology, 45(2), 136-153. doi:10.1080/03014223.2017.1411955 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12072
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 837 9389