Dr Andrew D La Croix
Qualifications: B.Sc. (Simon Fraser), M.Sc. (Alberta), Ph.D. (Simon Fraser)
Personal Website: https://sediments.net
I conduct research in the broad field of sedimentary geology. My main interest is in the process-response dynamics that control the character and distribution of facies. I integrate sedimentology, ichnology, and stratigraphy to study modern depositional environments and build analogues for deciphering the sedimentary record. Facies analysis studies are vital to understand Earth's past environments and processes. However, my interests are not limited to strata of any specific geological age, or to using a particular method of investigation. I am a proponent of integrated studies that use all available tools to solve geological problems. My research bridges the gap between scientific curiosity and real-world application such as reservoir characterization and modelling of hydrocarbon and CO2 reservoirs.
- Kamaruzaman, Erman (in progress). Tectonostratigraphy and seismic geomorphology of North Taranaki Basin, New Zealand.
- Podrumac, Anya (in progress). Process Sedimentology and Neoichnology of Port Waikato, New Zealand.
- Roche, Ben (in progress). Dynamic mud deposition in the Firth of Thames, New Zealand
Sedimentology; Ichnology; Stratigraphy; Petroleum Geoscience; Carbon Storage
Pearce, J. K., La Croix, A. D., Underschultz, J. R., & Golding, S. D. (2020). Long term reactivity of CO2 in a low salinity reservoir-seal complex. Applied Geochemistry, 114, 104529. doi:10.1016/j.apgeochem.2020.104529
Wang, J., Guan, Z., La Croix, A. D., Wang, Q., Ji, L., & Sun, J. (2020). Seismic geomorphology of shallow-water lacustrine deltas in the Paleocene Huanghua Depression, Bohai Bay Basin, eastern China. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 120, 14 pages. doi:10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2020.104561
La Croix, A. D., He, J., Bianchi, V., Wang, J., Gonzalez, S., & Undershultz, J. R. (2019). Early Jurassic palaeoenvironments in the Surat Basin, Australia – marine incursion into eastern Gondwana. Sedimentology. doi:10.1111/sed.12649 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/13455
La Croix, A. D., Harfoush, A., Rodger, I., Gonzalez, S., Undershultz, J. R., Hayes, P., & Garnett, A. (2019). Reservoir modelling notional CO2 injection into the Precipice Sandstone and Evergreen Formation in the Surat Basin, Australia. Petroleum Geoscience, petgeo2019-058. doi:10.1144/petgeo2019-058
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|La Croix, Dr Andrew||9112||alacroix||F.2.01||Earth Sciences|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room