Dr Anica Klockars
Qualifications: PhD (medicine), Uppsala, Sweden
In my research, I study postnatal brain development in social deficit disorders by using a combination of genetic, molecular, pharmacological and behavioural approaches.
- Gartner, Sarah (2018). The investigation of protein composition in milk formula and its effects on central satiety and reward-related systems.
- Head, Mitchell (in progress). Investigation of orexin/opioid-oxytocin system and its effects on satiety and over-eating. (co-supervisor)
- Wood, Erin (in progress). Investigation of temporal gene expression in food intake regulation and reward centres of the brain. (co-supervisor)
- Christian, David (in progress). The functional relationship between key neuroregulators of energy homeostasis and milk intake.(co-supervisor)
- Pal, Tapasya (in progress). Neuromolecular analyses underlying anomalous brain wiring and peculiar feeding behaviour in autism spectrum disorder.
- Fehlmann, Tiffany (2019). Neuromolecular and behavioural responses to milk-based tastants.
- Laloli, Kathryn (2017). Neuroendocrine changes uderlying aberrant food selectivity in rat models of autism spectrum disorder.
- Mitchell Head (2017). Effect of novel ketamine-analogue R5 on brain
activation and select behavioural parameters.
Animal Behaviour; Biology; Disabilities; Genetics; Health; Human Behaviour; Molecular Biology; Science
social deficit disorders, food intake
Jacobson, G. M., Voss, L. J., Klockars, A., Bird, S., Dimitrov, I., Denny, W. A., . . . Harvey, M. G. (2019). Transcriptional changes in response to ketamine ester-analogs SN 35210 and SN 35563 in the rat brain. BMC Genomics, 20(1), 10 pages. doi:10.1186/s12864-019-5649-6 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12585
Olszewski, P. K., McColl, L. K., Herisson, F. M., Klockars, A., & Levine, A. S. (2019). Blunted hyperphagic and c-Fos immunoreactivity responsiveness to an orexigen, butorphanol tartrate, in aged rats. Neuroscience Letters, 711, 7 pages. doi:10.1016/j.neulet.2019.134409
Fredriksson, R., Sreedharan, S., Nordenankar, K., Alsiö, J., Lindberg, F. A., Hutchinson, A., . . . Schiöth, H. B. (2019). The polyamine transporter Slc18b1(VPAT) is important for both short and long time memory and for regulation of polyamine content in the brain. PLOS Genetics, 15(12), e1008455. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1008455
Klockars, A., Wood, E. L., Gartner, S. N., McColl, L. K., Levine, A. S., Carpenter, E. A., . . . Olszewski, P. K. (2019). Palatability of goat’s versus cow’s milk: Insights from the analysis of eating behavior and gene expression in the appetite-relevant brain circuit in laboratory animal models. Nutrients, 11(4), 19 pages. doi:10.3390/nu11040720 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12555
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room: FG 2.15
Phone: +64 7 838 9414