Dr Ari Brandenburg
Advanced Technical Officer
Qualifications: PhD (Chemistry, TU Dresden / IFW Dresden) (2018) | Diplom (Chemistry, TU Chemnitz) (2012)
Personal Website: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ariane-brandenburg-8654bb92
I am currently working as an Advanced Technical Officer / Research Assistant at the University of Waikato - Faculty of Science and Engineering, based in Tauranga. Being located at the Coastal Marine Field Station I am part of the Entrepreneurial Universities Macroalgal Biotechnology Programme focusing on macroalgal (both fresh and marine) biotechnologies.
Being the Laboratory Safety Supervisor, my main tasks consist of handling and maintaining measurements on GC-MS and HPLC as well as other chemical analysis (FTIR, UV-Vis) and extraction (ultrafiltration, protein chromatography) methods. In addition, I am constantly learning and implementing new skills, while being at the interface between research and technical realisation.
During my PhD, I have been working on the synthesis of endohedral fullerenes and their chemical derivatization. I applied HPLC methods for separation as well as several analysis techniques like mass spectrometry and UV-Vis-spectroscopy, including troubleshooting. One of my responsibilities included training and advising of post-grad students.
Optimistic realist, scientific thinker, constant learner, globetrotter, always open to new experiences.
- Front cover, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 10653-10653.
- A. Brandenburg, D.S. Krylov, A. Beger, A.U.B. Wolter, B. Büchner, A.A. Popov; Carbide clusterfullerene DyYTiC@C80 featuring three different metals in the endohedral cluster and its single-ion magnetism, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 10683-10686.
- C. Schlesier, L. Spree, A. Kostanyan, R. Westerström, A. Brandenburg, A. Wolter, S. Yang, T. Greber, A.A. Popov; Strong carbon cage influence on the single molecule magnetism in Dy–Sc nitride clusterfullerenes, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 9730-9733.
- D.S. Krylov, F. Liu, A. Brandenburg, L. Spree, V. Bon, S. Kasel, A.U.B. Wolter, B. Büchner, S.M. Avdoshenko, A.A. Popov; Magnetization relaxation in the single-ion magnet DySc2N@C80: quantum tunneling, magnetic dilution, and unconventional temperature dependence, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2018, 20, 11656-11672.
- A. Brandenburg, Synthese und Derivatisierung endohedraler Clusterfullerene, 2018. (PhD Thesis)
Retrieved from: http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:bsz:14-qucosa2-318415
Further information: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1848-0431
Chemistry; Coastal Sciences; Environmental Science and Technology; Science
Analytical Chemistry | Research | Technical Maintenance
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room: Coastal Marine Field Station
Cellphone: +64 22 013 9382