Dr Andrew D La Croix
Qualifications: B.Sc. (Simon Fraser), M.Sc. (Alberta), Ph.D. (Simon Fraser)
Personal Website: https://sediments.net
I conduct research in the broad field of sedimentary geology. My main interest is in the process dynamics that control the character and distribution of siliciclastic sediments (i.e., 'facies analysis'). I integrate sedimentology, ichnology, and stratigraphy to study modern depositional environments and build analogues for deciphering the sedimentary record. These facies analysis studies are vital to understand Earth's past environments and processes. However, my interests are not limited to strata of any specific geological age, or to using a particular method of investigation. I am a proponent of integrated studies that use all available tools to solve geological problems. My research bridges the gap between scientific curiosity and real-world application such as reservoir characterization and modelling of water, hydrocarbon, and CO2 reservoirs.
- Kamaruzaman, Erman (in progress). Tectonostratigraphy and seismic geomorphology of North Taranaki Basin, New Zealand.
- Roche, Ben (in progress). Dynamic mud deposition in the Firth of Thames, New Zealand
- Podrumac, Anya (2021). Process Sedimentology of Port Waikato, New Zealand.
Sedimentology; Ichnology; Stratigraphy; Petroleum Geoscience; Carbon Storage
Pearce, J. K., La Croix, A. D., Underschultz, J. R., & Golding, S. D. (2020). Long term reactivity of CO2 in a low salinity reservoir-seal complex. Applied Geochemistry, 114, 104529. doi:10.1016/j.apgeochem.2020.104529
He, J., La Croix, A. D., Gonzalez, S., Pearce, J., Ding, W., Underschultz, J. R., & Garnett, A. (2020). Quantifying and modelling the effects of pre-existing basement faults on folding of overlying strata in the Surat Basin, Australia: Implications for fault seal potential. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 108207. doi:10.1016/j.petrol.2020.108207
Wang, J., Guan, Z., La Croix, A. D., Wang, Q., Ji, L., & Sun, J. (2020). Seismic geomorphology of shallow-water lacustrine deltas in the Paleocene Huanghua Depression, Bohai Bay Basin, eastern China. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 120, 14 pages. doi:10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2020.104561
La Croix, A. D., Wang, J., He, J., Hannaford, C., Bianchi, V., Esterle, J., & Undershultz, J. R. (2019). Widespread nearshore and shallow marine deposition within the Lower Jurassic Precipice Sandstone and Evergreen Formation in the Surat Basin, Australia. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 109, 760-790. doi:10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2019.06.048 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12877
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|La Croix, Dr Andrew||9112||alacroix||F.2.01||Earth Sciences|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room