Water and Food
Our research in the area of Water and Food focuses on the following:
- Provide safe drinking water to the public.
- Collecting, treating and disposing of wastewater in a sanitary and sustainable manner.
- Reducing, recycling, treatment and disposal of solid wastes in a sanitary and sustainable manner.
- Recovering resources from wastes.
- Minimising the impact of human activity on the environment and protecting natural resources and the diversity of life.
Key research projects in this area:
- Plant protein recovery from waste plant material
- High value compounds from bread waste
- Water treatment plant coagulation and flocculation trials and fluid dynamics modelling
- Fermentation as a new industrial approach for the comprehensive utilisation of livestock bone
- Tatua fermented dairy ingredient development