Coastal Marine Group (CMG)
Services and Facilities
The Coastal Marine Group has a wide range of experience in measurement, analysis and modelling of coastal processes which have been developed and maintained at a cutting edge over the last 40 years. These are mainly to support our research and the research of our students which, as a university provider, remain our core business. However, our commitment to solving real-world problems, and providing our students with opportunities to interact with the people that may employ them, mean that we are always looking for opportunities to put our capabilities at the service of our region. The areas that we are best able to contribute are:
- Seabed mapping and hydrographic surveying in coastal, estuarine and freshwater environments
- Shoreline and surfzone morphological mapping using optical (video or Lidar) techniques
- Marine species identification
- Ecological surveys
- Coastal ocean observing systems. Measurement of waves and currents in coastal environments
- Coastal numerical modelling for e.g. port developments, carrying capacity.
Please contact us to discuss ways we might help.
We also have access to numerous other facilities as set out under the links below.