Waikato Experience Biology Days (WEB Days)
University of Waikato, Hamilton
13th Jun 2016 - 14th Jun 2016
Join Year 13 secondary school students from throughout the central North Island for our annual two-day biology event, which last year attracted 500 attendees.
Registrations close Friday 27 May, 2016.
Be in to WIN one of two UE Roll portable speakers at WEB Days
Share your best WEB Day snaps with us (WaikatoUni) and be in to win one of two UE Roll portable speakers. We’ll be selecting the best and most creative snaps showcasing the WEB DAY experience at Waikato. If your snap is chosen for the Waikato Snapchat story, you’ll be in the draw to win! There’s a prize to be won both days. Follow us at ‘WaikatoUni’.
What's on offer in 2016:
- A laboratory session featuring molecular biology techniques
- The very popular examination of human skulls
- A presentation on homeostasis
- A choice of lectures on other topics from the curriculum (animal behaviour, biotechnology, plant responses, evolution).
$6 per student will be charged to cover costs. Bring your lunch, or purchase from one of our campus cafes.
Dr Linda Peters (WEB Days Coordinator),
School of Science, University of Waikato
Reminders for attendees:
- Please make yourself familiar with the laboratory rules and code of conduct
- The University of Waikato campus is now a smoke-free environment
- University of Waikato map