Dr Vicki Moon
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc PhD Waikato
Geomechanics and engineering geology, particularly soft rocks; volcanic and pyroclastic materials; weathering; mass wasting of weathered and altered rocks; soil erosion from development sites.
- Harris, Rachel (2015). The effects of benthic organisms on intertidal sediment erodibility. (chief supervisor Conrad Pilditch).
- Roddy, Brendan (2010). The use of the sediment fingerprinting technique to quantify the different sediment sources entering the Whangapoua Estuary, North Island, in New Zealand.
- Mills, Philippa (in progress). Initiation of landslides in sensitive soils in the Tauranga region.
- Garae, Camilla (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Kleyburg, Melissa (2015). Paleoliquefaction in late Pleistocene alluvial sediments in the Hauraki and Hamilton basins.
- Daysh, Katrina (2013). An investigation into the application of international environmental Greenroads Certification standards to road construction in New Zealand.
- Cunningham, Michael (2012). Sensitive rhyolitic pyroclastic deposits in the Tauranga region: mineralogy, geomechanics and microstructure of peak and remoulded states.
- Schicker, Renee (2010). Quantitative landslide susceptibility assessment of the Waikato region using GIS.
- Wyatt, Justin (2009). Sensitivity and clay mineralogy of weathered tephra-derived soil material in the Tauranga region.
Moon, V. G., & De Lange, W. P. (2017). Landslides research at Omokoroa. In Western Bay of Plenty District Council, Tauranga, New Zealand (pp. 17 pages). Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11489
De Lange, W. P., & Moon, V. G. (2017). Shoreline changes for southeastern Matakana Island (Panepane Point) following capital dredging (2015-16): Shoreline changes for southeastern Matakana Island (Panepane Point) following capital dredging (2015-16) (Environmental Research Institute Report No 95). Hamilton, New Zealand: Environmental Research Institute, University of Waikato. Retrieved from http://www.waikato.ac.nz/eri/ Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11091
Du, Z., Balks, M., Moon, V., Page, P., Winter, R., & Cunningham, L. (2017). Coal extraction and ground movement at Huntly east coal mine, New Zealand. Australian Geomechanics, 52(1), 59-71.
Kluger, M. O., Moon, V. G., Kreiter, S., Lowe, D. J., Churchman, G. J., Hepp, D. A., . . . Mörz, T. (2017). A new attraction-detachment model for explaining flow sliding in clay-rich tephras. Geology, 45(2), 131-134. doi:10.1130/G38560.1 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/10897
View All research publications by Vicki Moon
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9388