Dr Vicki Moon
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc PhD Waikato
Geomechanics and engineering geology, particularly soft rocks; volcanic and pyroclastic materials; weathering; mass wasting of weathered and altered rocks; soil erosion from development sites.
- Harris, Rachel (2015). The effects of benthic organisms on intertidal sediment erodibility. (chief supervisor Conrad Pilditch).
- Roddy, Brendan (2010). The use of the sediment fingerprinting technique to quantify the different sediment sources entering the Whangapoua Estuary, North Island, in New Zealand.
- Mills, Philippa (in progress). Initiation of landslides in sensitive soils in the Tauranga region.
- Garae, Camilla (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Kleyburg, Melissa (2015). Paleoliquefaction in late Pleistocene alluvial sediments in the Hauraki and Hamilton basins.
- Daysh, Katrina (2013). An investigation into the application of international environmental Greenroads Certification standards to road construction in New Zealand.
- Cunningham, Michael (2012). Sensitive rhyolitic pyroclastic deposits in the Tauranga region: mineralogy, geomechanics and microstructure of peak and remoulded states.
- Schicker, Renee (2010). Quantitative landslide susceptibility assessment of the Waikato region using GIS.
- Wyatt, Justin (2009). Sensitivity and clay mineralogy of weathered tephra-derived soil material in the Tauranga region.
McKay, A. M., Lowe, D. J., & Moon, V. G. (2017). Evaluating soil and landscape models to predict liquefaction susceptibility in the Hinuera Formation, Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (NZGS2017) (pp. 1-8). Conference held Napier, New Zealand: New Zealand Geotechnical Society. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11557
Du, Z., Balks, M., Moon, V., Page, P., Winter, R., & Cunningham, L. (2017). Coal extraction and ground movement at Huntly east coal mine, New Zealand. Australian Geomechanics, 52(1), 59-71.
Spinardi, F., Campbell, B. R., Moon, V. G., Pittari, A., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2017). Unravelling fault structures of the Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (pp. 121-128). Conference held at Napier Conference Centre, Napier, New Zealand.
Robertson, T., Moon, V. G., & Lowe, D. J. (2017). Is there a potassium-based solution to sensitive soil slipping within the Bay of Plenty?. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (NZGS2017) (pp. 1-8). Napier: New Zealand Geotechnical Society. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11556
View All research publications by Vicki Moon
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 837 9388