Emeritus Professor Roy Daniel
Emeritus Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc [Hons] PhD Leic FRSNZ FNZIC
Current research is centered on the biochemistry, microbiology, and biotechnological applications of extremely thermophilic bacteria. Within these areas, major current topics are:
1) The inter-relationship of enzyme activity, stability, and dynamics;
2) The effect of temperature on enzymes;
3) Properties and applications of stable enzymes, especially proteases.
- Clement, David (2009). The effect of dynamics on enzyme activity.
- Lopez, Murielle (2008). The effect of hydration on enzyme activity.
- Lee, Charles (2007). Environmental effects on enzyme true temperature optima.
- Peterson, Michelle (2006). Temperature effects on enzymes.
- Oudshoorn, Matthew (2008). Tests of predictions made by the equilibrium model for the effect of temperature on enzyme activity.