Associate Professor Nihal Kularatna
Qualifications: BSc Eng(Hons), DSc, C.Eng, FIENZ,FIET, FIE, SMIEEE
Nihal was spotlighted as a Featured Engineer for US electrical engineering website EE Web. Read the interview.
Power conditioning and power protection for electronic systems; Supercapacitor applications; DC power management; Smart sensor systems
- Hu, Yang (in progress). SC assisted DC Microgrid applications.
- Vandy, Francis (2014). Design and Implementation of an AC Voltage Regulator based on Series Power Semiconductor Array.
- Kozhiparambil, Parthasradhy K. (2011). Development of a supercapacitor based surge resistant uninterruptible power supply.
- Jindasa, Chandani (2007). High Power linear AC electronic load for testing UPS systems.
- Gaylard, Carl (2016). Supercapacitor assisted inverter for the purposes of ripple control.
- Ariyarathna, Thilanga (in progress). SC assisted linear computer power supply (silver box).
- Fernando, Jayathu (in progress). Supercapacitor-Assisted surge absorber (SCASA) and Supercapacitor Modelling.
- Jayananda, Dilini (in progress). SC assisted LED lighting topologies.
- Milani, Kaveh (in progress). SC assisted high density inverter.
- Wijesooriya, Nimesha (in progress). Linear AC regulator technique.
- Gurusinghe, Nicoloy (in progress). Supercapacitor assisted temperature modification apparatus (SCATMA) and fast supercapacitor charger.
- Wickramasinghe, Thilini (2016). Supercapacitor-based linear converter for voltage regulator modules.
- Leijen, Petrus J.M. (2016). NiMH battery forensics: Instrumentation, modelling and prognostics for identifying failure.
- Gunawardne, Kosala (2014). Analysis on SCALDO regulators.
- James, Sisira (2014). Investigation of surge propagation in transient voltage surge suppressors and experimental verification.
Kularatna, N. A. D. V. (2016). Supercapacitors improve the performance of linear power-management circuits. IEEE Power Electronics Magazine, 45-59. doi:10.1109/MPEL.205.2510442
Kularatna, N. A. D. V., Milani, K., Steyn-Ross, D. A., & Round, W. H. (2015). Can we circumvent the fundamental loss in capacitor charging?. In New Zealand Institute of Physics 2015 Conference. Conference held at University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Wickramasinghe, T., Steyn-Ross, D. A., & Kularatna, N. (2015). Supercapacitor energy-recovery technique to improve the efficiency of DC-to-DC Converters. In New Zealand Institute of Physics 2015 Conference. Conference held at University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Gurusinghe, N., Kularatna, N., & Steyn-Ross, D. A. (2015). Essential physics for instantaneous delivery of hot water: SCATMA. In New Zealand Institute of Physics 2015 Conference. Conference held at University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 858 5102
Cellphone: 027 579 0007
Fax: +64 7 838 4835