Associate Professor Nihal Kularatna
Qualifications: BSc Eng(Hons), DSc, C.Eng, FIENZ,FIET, FIE, SMIEEE
Nihal was spotlighted as a Featured Engineer for US electrical engineering website EE Web. Read the interview.
Power conditioning and power protection for electronic systems; Supercapacitor applications; DC power management; Smart sensor systems
- Hu, Yang (in progress). SC assisted DC Microgrid applications.
- Vandy, Francis (2014). Design and Implementation of an AC Voltage Regulator based on Series Power Semiconductor Array.
- Kozhiparambil, Parthasradhy K. (2011). Development of a supercapacitor based surge resistant uninterruptible power supply.
- Jindasa, Chandani (2007). High Power linear AC electronic load for testing UPS systems.
- Gaylard, Carl (2016). Supercapacitor assisted inverter for the purposes of ripple control.
- Ariyarathna, Thilanga (in progress). SC assisted linear computer power supply (silver box).
- Fernando, Jayathu (in progress). Supercapacitor-Assisted surge absorber (SCASA) and Supercapacitor Modelling.
- Jayananda, Dilini (in progress). SC assisted LED lighting topologies.
- Milani, Kaveh (in progress). SC assisted high density inverter.
- Wijesooriya, Nimesha (in progress). Linear AC regulator technique.
- Gurusinghe, Nicoloy (in progress). Supercapacitor assisted temperature modification apparatus (SCATMA) and fast supercapacitor charger.
- Wickramasinghe, Thilini (2016). Supercapacitor-based linear converter for voltage regulator modules.
- Leijen, Petrus J.M. (2016). NiMH battery forensics: Instrumentation, modelling and prognostics for identifying failure.
- Gunawardne, Kosala (2014). Analysis on SCALDO regulators.
- James, Sisira (2014). Investigation of surge propagation in transient voltage surge suppressors and experimental verification.
Subasinghage, K., Gunawardane, K., Lie, T. T., & Kularatna, N. A. D. V. (2017). Single-input, dual polarity, dual output DC-DC converter implementation based on the SCALDO technique. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT) (pp. 207-212). Conference held at Toronto, ON, Canada: IEEE. doi:10.1109/ICIT.2017.7913084
Gunawardane, K., Xie, S., & Kularatna, N. A. D. V. (2017). Back-to-back MOSFET switches to reduce the losses in SCALDO implementation. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (pp. 54-59). Conference held at Toronto, ON, Canada. doi:10.1109/ICIT.2017.7913058
Wijesooriya, P. N., Kularatna, N., Fernando, L. H. J. D. K., & Steyn-Ross, D. A. (2017). Series transistor array-based linear AC regulator: Role of multiple buck-boost-transformer in efficiency improvements. In 2017 IEEE 26th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE 2017) (pp. 1699-1704). Edinburgh, United Kingdom: IEEE. doi:10.1109/ISIE.2017.8001503
Wijesooriya, P. N., Kularatna, N., Fernando, J., & Steyn-Ross, A. (2017). Two-transformer-series approach in developing a transistor based-AC voltage regulator for consumer-end applications. In IECON 2017 - 43rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (pp. 1699-1704). Conference held Beijing, China: IEEE. doi:10.1109/IECON.2017.8217121
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 858 5102
Cellphone: 027 579 0007
Fax: +64 7 838 4835