Associate Professor Michael Clearwater
Senior Lecturer (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc, MSc(Hons) Auckland, PhD Edinburgh
Plant vascular transport and carbon and water physiology. Vascular functioning and accumulation of water and carbohydrates in developing berry fruit, including kiwifruit, and the environmental physiology and ecology of native New Zealand plants.
- Subasinghe, Rasika (submitted). Investigation of Host cell wall degrading strategies of Pseudomonas syringae pv. Actinidiae (Psa).
- Black, Mary (2012). The kiwifruit (Actinidia sp.) vine root system: Responses to vine manipulations.
- Mazzeo, Maria Rosaria (University of Basilicata, 2007). Xylem transport in the developing the kiwifruit berry.
- Nardozza, Simona (University of Bologna, 2007). Genotypic variation in kiwifruit berry development.
- Woodward, Tim (2006). Variation in 'Hayward' kiwifruit quality characteristics.
- Le Lievre, Daniele (2017). The development of flavour in the G3 cultivar of kiwifruit.
- Noe, Stevie (2017). Investigating the determinants of nectar yield and quality in manuka (Leptospermum scoparium Myrtaceae).
- Fitzpatrick, Dominic (2015). Tree species sorting along temperature gradients: How do frost-resistant traits influence competitive ability in the forest environment?
- Hennessy, Louise (2015). Epoxy-janthitrems, effects of temperature on in planta expression and their bioactivity against porina larvae.
- Kaneko, Teruko (2016). Water requirements for 'Hass' avocado flowering and fruit development in New Zealand.
- Bylsma, Rebecca (2012). Structure, composition and dynamics of Metrosideros excelsa (pōhutukawa) forest, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Efford, Jackson (2012). Treeline vegetation composition, structure and dynamics across the AD 1655 Burrell Lapilli deposit, Mt Taranaki, New Zealand.
- Morrison, Daniel (2012). Vascular functioning and development of the kiwifruit berry (Actinidia deliciosa).
- Myron, Kirsty (2012). Pittosporum kirkii: Autecology of an endemic shrub epiphyte.
- Bryan, Catherine (2011). Ecology of vascular epiphytes in urban forests with special reference to the shrub epiphyte Griselinia lucida.
- Miller, Kieran (2011). Understory restoration in Hamilton urban forests.
- Trivedi, Pathik (2010). Aspects of biology of the weed of arable crops broom corn millet (Panicum miliaceum L).
Noble, A. S., Noe, S., Clearwater, M., & Lee, C. K. (2017). Environmental and biogeographical drivers of the Leptospermum scoparium (manuka) phyllosphere microbiome. In NZMS Annual Conference 2017: Our well-being & our microbes. Conference held at AUT, Auckland, New Zealand.
Nardozza, S., Boldingh, H. L., Wohlers, M. W., Gleave, A. P., Luo, Z., Costa, G., . . . Richardson, A. C. (2017). Exogenous cytokinin application to Actinidia chinensis var. deliciosa ‘Hayward’ fruit promotes fruit expansion through water uptake. Horticulture Research, 4, 17043. doi:10.1038/hortres.2017.43
Hall, A. J., Minchin, P. E. H., Gould, N., & Clearwater, M. J. (2017). A biophysical model of fruit development with distinct apoplasmic and symplasmic pathways. Acta Horticulturae, (1160), 367-374. doi:10.17660/ActaHortic.2017.1160.53
Browne, A., Clearwater, M., Prinsep, M., Battershill, C. N., & Vanneste, J. (2017). Novel New Zealand marine bioactive nature products for the control of Psa biovar 3. Poster session presented at the meeting of Blue2Green Marine Biotechnology Convention 2017. Conference held in Tauranga, New Zealand.
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 838 4613