Associate Professor Kevin Collier
Associate Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc Waikato PhD Canterbury
Large river ecology, Restoration of urban streams, and methods for monitoring stream health.
- Pingram, Michael (2014). Food webs in the lower Waikato River and the role of hydrogeomorphic complexity.
- Catlin, Alicia (2015). Does reduced floodplain inundation affect larval fish food supply? Zooplankton-whitebait interactions in the lower Waikato River.
- Garrett-Walker, Jeremy (2014). The ecology of constructed ponds on the lower Waikato River floodplain: implications for waterfowl management.
- Valler, Tammy (2013). Three Hamilton urban catchments: a comparison of ecosystem condition.
- Johnston, Toni (2011). Comparison of riparian willows and riprap as habitat for fish and invertebrates in the Waikato River.
- Ginders, Melany (2011). The influence of connectivity on the functional role of a natural and re-constructed side-arm in the lower Waikato River.
Catlin, A. K., Collier, K. J., & Duggan, I. C. (2016). Zooplankton emergence following inundation of floodplain soils: Effects of vegetation type and riverine connectivity. Marine & Freshwater Research, 11 pages. doi:10.1071/MF15273
Collier, K. J. (2016). Adapting approaches to freshwater management in the Waikato region. In H. Robertson, S. Bowie, R. Death, & D. Collins (Eds.), Freshwater conservation under a changing climate (pp. 60-64). Christchurch, New Zealand: Department of Conservation.
Hicks, B., Collier, K. J., & Ling, N. (2016). Lessons learned from invasive fish research in the Waikato. In The Society for Ecological Restoration Australasia (SERA) & the New Zealand Ecological Society (NZES) Joint Conference. Conference held at Claudelands Events Centre, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Ling, N., Leathwick, J., Collier, K., Hicks, B. J., Stichbury, G., & de Winton, M. (2016). Establishment risk models highlight biosurveillance priorities for New Zealand lakes. In Australian Society for Fish Biology – Oceania Chondrichthyan Society Joint Conference. Conference held in Wrest Point, Tasmania.
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 858 5169