Honorary Fellow Roger Briggs
Teaching Fellow (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc PhD Auck
Joined the staff in the Department of Earth Sciences in 1975. Research interests include petrology, geochemistry and mineralogy of volcanic rocks in South Auckland/Waikato, Coromandel and Taupo volcanic zones; stratigraphy and petrology of ignimbrites; trace element and isotope geochemistry; magmatic processes.
- Brink, Megan (2012). Emplacement processes in ignimbrites in the Ongatiti Valley, southeast Te Kuiti.
- Taylor, Simon (2012). Volcanology of the Raventhorpe and Pokeno West Volcanic Complexes, South Auckland Volcanic Field.
- Vincent, Kirsty (2012). U-Pb dating of silicic volcanic rocks of the Eastern Coromandel Peninsula.
- Gibson, April (2011). Volcanology of tuff rings at Kellyville, Onewhero and Bombay, South Auckland Volcanic Field.
- Vestman Anderson, Linda (2011). A comparison of buried andesites at Ngatamariki and Rotokawa geothermal fields, Taupo.
- Sanders, Fiona (2010). Rheology and flow emplacement processes of the 1954 lavas, Mount Ngauruhoe.
- Cody, Ashley (2003). Geology, history and stratigraphy of hydrothermal eruptions in the Rotorua Geothermal Field.