Dr Willem P de Lange
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Harpur, Alexander (in progress).
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (in progress). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Park, Justine (in progress).
- Watson, Holly (in progress).
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
Ross, P., Cope, J., de Lange, W., Hewitt, C. L. R., Pilditch, C., Smith, S., . . . Williams, J. (2016). Kei hea nga toheroa? Whakahokia!. In The Society for Ecological Restoration Australasia (SERA) & the New Zealand Ecological Society (NZES) Joint Conference. Conference held at Claudelands Events Centre, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Moon, V. G., De Lange, W. P., & Cummins, M. J. H. (2016). Movement on hidden faults within the Hamilton Basin. In School of Science Seminar, University of Waikato. Open Access version: hdl:10289/10727
De Lange, W. P., & Moon, V. G. (2016). Hamilton Fault Research. In Waikato Regional Hazard Forum, Hamilton Airport Conference Centre. Open Access version: hdl:10289/10468
Kulgemeyer, T., von Dobeneck, T., Müller, H., Bryan, K. R., de Lange, W. P., & Battershill, C. N. (2016). Lithofacies distribution and sediment dynamics on a storm-dominated shelf from combined photographic, acoustic and sedimentological profiling methods (Bay of Plenty, New Zealand). Marine Geology, 376, 158-174. doi:10.1016/j.margeo.2016.03.005 Open Access version: hdl:10289/10156
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9385