Dr Willem P de Lange
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Harpur, Alexander (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of the Coromandel Harbour”
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (in progress). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Upiap, Joyce (2016). The fate of contaminated sediments in the Ohinemuri & Lower Waihou rivers, New Zealand.
- Park, Justine (2016). Assessment of the potential interactions of an oil spill with sediments on the west coast of New Zealand
- Watson, Holly (2016). Potential impacts of wharf extensions on the hydrodynamics of Stella Passage and upstream regions of Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
Spinardi, F., Campbell, B. R., Moon, V. G., Pittari, A., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2017). Unravelling fault structures of the Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (pp. 121-128). Conference held at Napier Conference Centre, Napier, New Zealand.
Cope, J., de Lange, W., Pilditch, C. A., Smith, S., Williams, J., & Ross, P. (2017). The role of streams in determining toheroa distribution and abundance. In New Zealand Marine Sciences Society 56th Annual Conference, Mahi Ngātahi: Working Together for Better Management into the Future. Conference held at University of Canterbury, Christchurch.
Moon, V. G., Mills, P. R., Kluger, M. O., Lowe, D. J., Churchman, G. J., de Lange, W. P., . . . Mörz, T. (2017). Sensitive pyroclastic soils in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand: microstructure to failure mechanisms. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (NZGS2017) (pp. 1-8). Conference held at Napier, New Zealand: New Zealand Geotechnical Society. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11555
Ross, P. M., Beentjes, M. P., Cope, J., de Lange, W. P., McFadgen, B. G., Redfearn, P., . . . Williams, J. R. (2017). The biology, ecology and history of toheroa ( Paphies ventricosa ): a review of scientific, local and customary knowledge. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 1-36. doi:10.1080/00288330.2017.1383279
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 837 9385