Dr Willem P de Lange
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Harpur, Alexander (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of the Coromandel Harbour”
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (in progress). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Upiap, Joyce (2016). The fate of contaminated sediments in the Ohinemuri & Lower Waihou rivers, New Zealand.
- Park, Justine (2016). Assessment of the potential interactions of an oil spill with sediments on the west coast of New Zealand
- Watson, Holly (2016). Potential impacts of wharf extensions on the hydrodynamics of Stella Passage and upstream regions of Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
Ross, P. M., Beentjes, M. P., Cope, J., de Lange, W. P., McFadgen, B. G., Redfearn, P., . . . Williams, J. R. (2017). The biology, ecology and history of toheroa ( Paphies ventricosa ): a review of scientific, local and customary knowledge. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 1-36. doi:10.1080/00288330.2017.1383279
MacPherson, D., Fox, B. R. S., & De Lange, W. P. (2017). Holocene evolution of the southern Tauranga Harbour. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 18 pages. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1360917
Kulgemeyer, T., Müller, H., Dobeneck, T. V., Bryan, K. R., de Lange, W. P., & Battershill, C. N. (2017). Magnetic mineral and sediment porosity distribution on a storm-dominated shelf investigated by benthic electromagnetic profiling (Bay of Plenty, New Zealand). Marine Geology, 383, 78-98. doi:10.1016/j.margeo.2016.11.014
Spinardi, F., Campbell, B. R., Moon, V. G., Pittari, A., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2017). Unravelling fault structures of the Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (pp. 121-128). Conference held at Napier Conference Centre, Napier, New Zealand.
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 837 9385