Dr Willem P de Lange
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Harpur, Alexander (in progress).
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (in progress). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Park, Justine (in progress).
- Watson, Holly (in progress).
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
De Lange, W. P. (2016). Mangroves and seagrass: Indicators of estuarine health?. In Auckland Botanical Society, Unitec, Auckland.
De Lange, W. P., & Moon, V. G. (2016). Hamilton Fault Research. In Waikato Regional Hazard Forum, Hamilton Airport Conference Centre. Open Access version: hdl:10289/10468
Bryan, K. R., & de Lange, W. P. (2016). Introduction to coastal erosion hazard management in New Zealand with case study examples. In StlRRRD New Zealand Comparative Study Programme. Conference held in Wellington, New Zealand.
Jorat, M. E., Moon, V. G., Hepp, D. A., Kreiter, S., De Lange, W. P., Feldmann, S., . . . Mörz, T. (2016). Subseafloor investigation of sediments at Southern Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand, before capital dredging.. Journal of Coastal Research, 16 pages. doi:10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-15-00208.1
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 837 9385