Dr Beth Fox
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MA (Hons), BSc (Hons), PhD
I have a range of research interests in the broad field of sedimentology and palaeoclimatology. My work is particularly focussed on using high-resolution sediment archives (in particular lake sediments) to reconstruct past environmental and climatic variation. I use a number of tools for this work, including environmental and palaeomagnetism, sedimentary facies analysis, palaeobotanical techniques and time-series analysis.
- Pearson, Andrew (in progress). Environmental archives of past soil carbon dynamics: resolving the DOC controversy. (chief supervisor Adam Hartland)
- Yousefzadeh, Elham (in progress). Understanding diverse eruption and emplacement processes from a Giant Pyroclastic Flow: the 1.23 Ma Ongatiti Ignimbrite, Taupo Volcanic Zone. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
- Patterson, Kelli (in progress).
- Bates, Noel (in progress).
- Douie, Andrew (in progress).
- Garrity, Francis (in progress).
- Murphy, Caitlyn (in progress).
- Harpur, Alex (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of Coromandel Harbour. (chief supervisor Willem de Lange)
- MacPherson, David (2016). An integrated stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mullane, Kevin (2016). A geophysical study of the Kellyville and Onewhero Maar craters in the South Auckland Volcanic Field. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
Fox, B. R. S., D'Andrea, W. J., Wilson, G. S., Lee, D. E., & Wartho, J. -A. (2017). Interaction of polar and tropical influences in the mid-latitudes of the Southern Hemisphere during the Mi-1 deglaciation. Global and Planetary Change, 155, 109-120. doi:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.06.008 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11470
MacPherson, D., Fox, B. R. S., & De Lange, W. P. (2017). Holocene evolution of the southern Tauranga Harbour. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 18 pages. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1360917
Spinardi, F., Campbell, B. R., Moon, V. G., Pittari, A., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2017). Unravelling fault structures of the Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (pp. 121-128). Conference held at Napier Conference Centre, Napier, New Zealand.
Jones, D. A., Wilson, G. S., Gorman, A. R., Fox, B. R. S., Lee, D. E., & Kaulfuss, U. (2017). A drill-hole calibrated geophysical characterisation of the 23 Ma Foulden Maar stratigraphic sequence, Otago, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 60(4), 465-477. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1369130
View All research publications by Beth Fox
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 838 4520